San Jose Power of Attorney Law Firm
Santa Clara County Wills and Trusts Lawyer
Providing Living Wills and Business Trust legal services for Californians the Law Offices of Ivy Chien, P.C., has nearly a decade of experience in business and individual Estate Planning; including Probate, Living Wills and Trusts for business owners and personal clients throughout Santa Clara County and the San Francisco Bay Area. The law firm helps its clients, many with substantial property and assets, by providing Estate Planning legal services to:
- Avoid excessive or unnecessary taxation
- Provide care for children or minors
- Avoid financial holdings and other assets disputes during probate
- Distribute your assets to your wishes with legally viable directives
- Provide instructions for medical care
- Provide instructions for taking care of your pet(s)
A well-crafted and legally binding estate plan is a "generous gift" that a person can leave their family. It can be particularly beneficial when a business is involved. When company stock, siblings, and other peoples lives intertwine astute Estate Planning helps ensure a smooth transition for your business if you become incapacitated or die.
At the San Jose Law Offices of Ivy Chien, P.C., the attorneys provide confidential Business Law and Estate Planning legal services including:
Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care: Often referred to as "Healthcare Directive" or "Proxy," this appoints a person who will act "in your place" for making medical decisions when you are unable to do so (or, incapacitated). Power of Attorney can also be assigned to others regarding financial issues.
- Probate: The legal process by which your all you belongings, commonly referred to as "your estate," is organized. When ones dies a will is validated and your assets are distributed according to your estate plan and California law. Estate planning attorneys assist executors during the probate process, including help with legal documents and tax filings, to ensure all transitions/transactions are "clear and free" of problems or disputes with government agencies or family members.
- Will: A legal document identifying what will be done with your property and other assets and to whom your property and belongings will be distributed to when you die. A will helps ensure for the care of minors and others after ones death.
- Living Will: A Living Will specifies what type of medical care you would like to receive, if any, should you be unable to communicate for yourself.
- Living Trust: Assets in a Living Trust can be passed to beneficiaries without complications after ones death, thus, avoiding probate and court proceedings. A Living Trust can be revocable or irrevocable depending upon ones wishes.
- Business Succession - Family Business Succession
- Distribution of retirement and death benefits: IRA, KEOGH, 401k, and Pension Plans
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Attorney Ivy Chien at the Law Office of Ivy Chien, P.C. works closely with each client to understand their unique business needs and personal goals. She helps her clients develop wills and trusts specifically to meet those unique legal and personal objectives.
San Jose Estate Planning Attorney Ivy Chien represents clients throughout Santa Clara County in California, including clients that reside in the nearby San Jose communities of Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Campbell, and Los Gatos.
Visit us at our office located at 1625 The Alameda, San Jose
Law Offices of Ivy Chien, P.C. Attorney and Counselor at Law
IVY CHIEN, ESQ.
Attorney at Law
1625 The Alameda, Suite 204
San Jose, CA 95126
Integrity Commitment Results
Copyright 2012 - All Rights Reserved. Law Offices of Ivy Chien, P.C.